Christian Science is based on the Bible and the laws of God - infinite and divine Life, Truth and Love.
The word “Science” was combined with “Christian” because Christian Science is the systemic application of God’s laws as practiced by Christ Jesus which are proven or demonstrated through his teachings, example, and healings. When understood and lived, anyone can apply these laws to experience healing - morally, spiritually and physically.
A full statement of this Science is contained in Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy and available at the Reading Room.
“Be not conformed to this world: but be ye transferred by the renewing of your mind, that ye may
prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.” (Romans 12:2)
“Divine Love always has met and always will meet every human need. It is not well to imagine that
Jesus demonstrated the divine power to heal only for a select number or for a limited period of time,
since to all mankind and in every hour, divine Love supplies all good.” (Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, p 494)
What are the tenets of
1. As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
2. We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God’s image and likeness.
3. We acknowledge God’s forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
4. We acknowledge Jesus’ atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man’s unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ, through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
5. We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
6. And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.
Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, p. 496
For more information download the attached brochure “What is Christian Science?”